Are you in the DC metro area and want to work for an awesome company that is in growth mode?
E. Cohen is looking for a Senior Outsourcing Accountant Level 1 that wants to be rewarded for hard work and dedication, who thrives on being the best in their profession, is in search of a relaxed atmosphere and work-life balance, and who loves to give back. We are growing and need to add top-notch people to our team!
Who are we?
We are a full-service CPA firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area providing Tax Compliance & Consulting, Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory Services and Business Technology Services since 1991. Our industries include Government Contractors, Nonprofit Organizations, High Net Worth Individuals, Wholesalers, Professional Services Firms, Real Estate Developers, Professional Athletes & Sports Executives and Restaurateurs.
Why are we awesome?
A few of our accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Raised over $130,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk
- Fostered a 95% client retention rate with a dedication to customized client service
- Honored by Accounting Today Magazine and Best Companies Group, who named the firm as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” for nine years and counting
- Honored by the Washington, D.C. region’s top business executives in the Smart CEO magazine, Smart CPA Readers’ Choice section
- Launched ECC IT Solutions – a business technology firm providing myriad technology services to our clients who don’t maintain full time IT staff
About the position
The Outsourcing Senior Accountant Level 1 is someone with 3 to 4 years of experience as an accountant that is responsible for assisting the outsourcing department by providing accurate and timely accounting services in more complex areas. This position will also begin to guide and train staff level accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field, or a seasoned professional with at least four years’ experience in an accounting/financial role.
- At least two years of experience in a public accounting firm is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Hands on experience with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus
- CPA Certification preferred.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepare accrual to cash conversions.
- Calculate depreciation and record on client’s books.
- Maintain effective work paper techniques and correct documentation skills.
- Spot issues with client’s books and records and communicates with managers. Offers solutions to reconcile books.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business and uses effective questioning and listening skills to elicit information.
- Work at client’s offices with supervision as needed.
- Stay alert to client’s issues/problems and follows up on all identified opportunities.
- Able to learn and manage other software packages as deemed necessary.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Takes responsibility for quality client service.
- Keeps managers informed of status of jobs.
- Able to manage multiple tasks within time budgets.
- Train, supervise and develop staff level accountants.
- Begins to attend networking events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Research Skills
- Analyzing information
- Deadline oriented
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Software expertise
Various other duties as assigned. We offer top-notch compensation, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and continuing education opportunities.