Are you in the DC metro area and want to work for an awesome company that is in growth mode?
E. Cohen and Company, CPAs is looking for an experienced Senior Manger in our Assurance department that wants to be rewarded for hard work and dedication, who thrives on being the best in their profession, is in search of a relaxed atmosphere and work-life balance, and who loves to give back. We are growing and need to add top-notch people to our team!
Who are we?
We are a full-service CPA firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area providing Tax Compliance & Consulting, Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory Services and Business Technology Services since 1991. Our industries include Government Contractors, Nonprofit Organizations, High Net Worth Individuals, Wholesalers, Professional Services Firms, Real Estate Developers, Professional Athletes & Sports Executives and Restaurateurs.
Why are we awesome?
A few of our accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Raised over $100,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk
- Fostered a 95% client retention rate with a dedication to customized client service
- Honored by Accounting Today Magazine and Best Companies Group, who named the firm as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” for eight years in a row
- Honored by the Washington, D.C. region’s top business executives in the Smart CEO magazine, Smart CPA Readers’ Choice section
- Launched ECC IT Solutions – a business technology firm providing myriad technology services to our clients who don’t maintain full time IT staff
About the position
The Assurance Senior Manager is someone with 8+ years of experience as an accountant with a CPA Firm, who is a leader in the assurance department, provides accurate and timely assurance and accounting services in all areas, and continues to ensure the development of the assurance staff. The Assurance Senior Manager has a professional attitude and is an expert in government contracting.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field
- Proven experience as an auditor.
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices.
- Demonstrates a mastery of work paper techniques and correct documentation skills.
- Demonstrates a mastery of software (Profx Tax and Engagement, Excel, XCM, iChannel, BNA, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Takes ownership of assigned engagements including communicating the status and progress of those engagements and completes within time-frame.
- Must be a CPA
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Able to manage managers and below.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in government contracting.
- Reviews financial statements.
- Proactive communications with clients.
- Manages client expectations. Understands clients’ current and long-term business objectives and exhibits a strong understanding of how specific transactions impact their business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
- Takes ownership of multiple engagements and understands significance of operational effectiveness and firm profitability.
- Displays leadership beyond immediate workgroup by proactively participating in firm initiatives.
- Provides feedback, establishes goals and creates career paths for all staff levels.
- Oversees the completion of assurance compliance of deadlines for the managers’ “responsible client list”.
- Manages the budget for compliance projects and assures efficient completion of tasks by the staff.
- Identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability, prepares billings, and assists in cash collections.
- Analyzes client needs and proactively proposes solutions focusing on delivering value-added services.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Continues to develop industry specialization(s) and expertise in a chosen field(s).
- Promotes and acts like a business owner within the firm.
- Stay up-to-date on recent accounting and audit law changes/proposals and research implications of proposed changes while advising clients on related issues.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
We offer top-notch compensation, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and continuing education opportunities.
Click here to view a list of our open positions and submit your resume and cover letter online.