Are you in the DC metro area and want to work for an awesome company that is in growth mode?
E. Cohen and Company, CPA’s is looking for a Staff Accountant Level 2 in our Tax department that wants to be rewarded for hard work and dedication, who thrives on being the best in their profession, is in search of a relaxed atmosphere and work-life balance, and who loves to give back. We are growing and need to add top-notch people to our team!
Who are we?
We are a full-service CPA firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area providing Tax Compliance & Consulting, Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory Services and Business Technology Services since 1991. Our industries include Government Contractors, Nonprofit Organizations, High Net Worth Individuals, Wholesalers, Professional Services Firms, Real Estate Developers, Professional Athletes & Sports Executives and Restaurateurs.
Why are we awesome?
A few of our accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Raised over $100,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk.
- Fostered a 95% client retention rate with a dedication to customized client service.
- Honored by Accounting Today Magazine and Best Companies Group, who named the firm as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” for eight years in a row.
- Honored by the Washington, D.C. region’s top business executives in the Smart CEO magazine, Smart CPA Readers’ Choice section.
- Launched ECC IT Solutions – a business technology firm providing myriad technology services to our clients who don’t maintain full time IT staff.
About the position
The Tax Staff Accountant Level 2 is a 2-3 year professional responsible for assisting the tax department with accurate and timely tax services. Experience with a mid-large sized firm is a plus. CCH tax software experience is also a plus.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field.
- A CPA or CPA in process is required.
- Competency in technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist Senior Accountants, Managers and Senior Managers handling the workload with heavy emphasis on busy season (Late January to April 15) and other important deadlines throughout the year.
- Prepare intermediate to advanced income tax returns.
- Prepare 1099s/W-2s/Personal Property tax returns.
- Take responsibility for basic correspondence with taxing jurisdictions.
- Develop effective work paper technique and correct documentation skills.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of tax processes and procedures.
- Gain experience with various industries and more advanced tax returns.
- Understand the basics of the forms/tax law and software.
- Follow procedures for use of iChannel, XCM, Pfx Tax, Pfx Engagement, BNA Tax planner.
- Identify and research technical issues, identify risks, develop basic knowledge of tax research software.
- Understand firm’s offerings and business concepts (i.e. budgeting, etc.).
- Follow directions, attempts to resolve issues and knows when to seek help.
- Take ownership of assigned engagements including communicating the status and progress of those engagements and completes within timeframe.
- Attend networking events.
- Participate in CPE/or non CPE training to expand knowledge and stay up-to-date on regulatory changes.
How to apply:
We offer top-notch compensation, signing bonuses, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and continuing education opportunities.
Click here to view a list of our open positions and submit your resume and cover letter online.