Are you in the DC metro area and want to work for an awesome company that is in growth mode?
E. Cohen and Company, CPA's is looking for a Staff Accountant Level 2 in our Assurance department that wants to be rewarded for hard work and dedication, who thrives on being the best in their profession, is in search of a relaxed atmosphere and work-life balance, and who loves to give back. We are growing and need to add top-notch people to our team!
Who are we?
We are a full-service CPA firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area providing Tax Compliance & Consulting, Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory Services and Business Technology Services since 1991. Our industries include Government Contractors, Nonprofit Organizations, High Net Worth Individuals, Wholesalers, Professional Services Firms, Real Estate Developers, Professional Athletes & Sports Executives and Restaurateurs.
Why are we awesome?
A few of our accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Raised over $100,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk.
- Fostered a 95% client retention rate with a dedication to customized client service.
- Honored by Accounting Today Magazine and Best Companies Group, who named the firm as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” for eight years in a row.
- Honored by the Washington, D.C. region’s top business executives in the Smart CEO magazine, Smart CPA Readers’ Choice section.
- Launched ECC IT Solutions – a business technology firm providing myriad technology services to our clients who don’t maintain full time IT staff.
About the position
The Assurance Staff Accountant Level 2 is a 2-3 year professional responsible for performing work within the assurance department as assigned and begins to develop a proficiency in performing that work. The successful candidate will have his or her CPA or be in progress of achieving the CPA certification. Mid-large CPA firm experience is a plus.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field.
- Prefer CPA certification or planned CPA certification within 2 years. Encouraged to be actively working toward the 150 credit hours to be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Competency in technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Takes ownership of assigned engagements including communicating the status and progress of those engagements and completes within timeframe.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Thorough understanding of audit assertions and how they are applied to assigned procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Begins to identify accounting matters that should be disclosed in the financial statements.
- Prepares other deliverables (e.g., management and governance letters).
- Performs preliminary analytical procedures.
- Develops a good working knowledge of GAAP.
- Uses firm resources to research accounting issues and treatments.
- Primarily focuses on detail testing, including cash, other current assets, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and compliance.
- Demonstrates effective work paper techniques and correct documentation skills.
- Enters client provided trial balance information.
- Prepares bank, investment, loan and legal confirmation requests.
- Demonstrates an understanding and proficiency in the engagement areas of audit, review, compilation, preparation, and AUP.
- Performs sample selection procedures.
- Prepares less complicated financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Demonstrates objective for performing various procedures.
How to apply:
We offer top-notch compensation, signing bonuses, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and continuing education opportunities.
Click here to view a list of our open positions and to submit your resume and cover letter online.