Are you in the DC metro area and want to work for an awesome company that is in growth mode?
E. Cohen and Company, CPAs is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant in our Assurance department that wants to be rewarded for hard work and dedication, who thrives on being the best in their profession, is in search of a relaxed atmosphere and work-life balance, and who loves to give back. We are growing and need to add top-notch people to our team!
Who are we?
We are a full-service CPA firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area providing Tax Compliance & Consulting, Audit & Assurance, Business Advisory Services and Business Technology Services since 1991. Our industries include Government Contractors, Nonprofit Organizations, High Net Worth Individuals, Wholesalers, Professional Services Firms, Real Estate Developers, Professional Athletes & Sports Executives and Restaurateurs.
Why are we awesome?
A few of our accomplishments are highlighted below:
- Raised over $100,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk
- Fostered a 95% client retention rate with a dedication to customized client service
- Honored by Accounting Today Magazine and Best Companies Group, who named the firm as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” for eight years in a row
- Honored by the Washington, D.C. region’s top business executives in the Smart CEO magazine, Smart CPA Readers’ Choice section
- Launched ECC IT Solutions – a business technology firm providing myriad technology services to our clients who don’t maintain full time IT staff
About the position
The Assurance Senior Accountant Level 2 has 4 to 5 years of experience with a mid-large CPA firm responsible for providing accurate and timely assurance and accounting functions in more complex areas. This position will continue to guide and train staff level accountants. Experience with audit of government contractors, not-for-profit organizations, and/or employee benefit plans is a plus.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field and must have acquired the 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam or have their CPA.
- Proven experience as an auditor.
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices.
- Demonstrates a mastery of work paper techniques and correct documentation skills.
- Demonstrates a mastery of software (Profx Tax and Engagement, Excel, XCM, iChannel, BNA, etc.).
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Takes ownership of assigned engagements including communicating the status and progress of those engagements and completes within time-frame.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepares more complicated financial statements and footnote disclosures (e.g., consolidating financial statements).
- Able to manage multiple tasks within time budgets.
- Works with managers and above to plan engagements.
- Able to research complex accounting issues and communicate requirements effectively.
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives.
- Performs internal control walkthroughs at client.
- Assumes “in-charge” responsibilities for planning, fieldwork and wrap-up of engagements.
- Uses knowledge and information of client to identify areas of need/opportunity.
- Reviews staff level prepared work papers.
- Able to manage multiple client engagements at any given time.
- Able to manage current workload and prioritize work appropriately.
- Able to help manage the workload of others (staff levels 1 and 2, and senior level 1).
- Begins to review financial statements, footnote disclosures and other deliverables.
- Continues to identify and begins to implement improvements to internal firm processes.
- Continues to build and nurture a group of business contacts.
- Participates in appropriate community, professional, and networking organizations.
- Begins to lead internal continuing education sessions.
- Remains current with professional standards and applies technical knowledge effectively.
- Must keep up-to-date with regulatory continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
How to apply
We offer top-notch compensation, signing bonuses, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and continuing education opportunities.
Click here to view a list of our open positions and submit your resume and cover letter online.